Sold in pairs.
Precision machined from hardened steel with a patented design, the quick-change Orange Ball Couplers™ unlock unseen productivity and potential in most machine shops.
Couplers thread into the underside of a fixture plate or Orange Vice™, just like the pull studs of a zero-point system, simplifying preparation by only requiring one-side machining.
- 4th Generation Orange Ball Couplers and Receivers are used for rough positioning and hold-down only.
- Fine positioning relies on dowel pin bores at 0.5003" diameter, spaced at 14.0000" on center.
- General applications utilize Orange Vice 0.4993" diameter dowel pins. Four pins are included with every vice and are also available separately.
- Warning: forcing a dowel pin into a precision bore may result in a permanent installation. Orange Vice 0.4993" diameter dowel pins are ground undersized to provide adequate clearance for a precision slip fit with +/-0.0005" repeatability. Using larger dowel pins can improve repeatability but is done at your own risk!
- Tip: The 0.5003" bore diameter matches that of a standard, off-the-shelf drill bushing.