The NEW Delta Zero ZPS (Zero Point System) utilizes Orange Vice's patent-pending, manually-actuated zero-point design for +/-0.0002" repeatability.
The risers mount directly to the T-slot tables via 1/2" or M12 screws and also to Orange Vice Sub-Plates, using a combination of Ball Couplers and Screws.
Overall, the riser height is 109mm (4.3") + fixture/vice height and should provide an adequate clearance for the vast majority of 5-axis machines with CAT40, HSK63, or similarly sized spindles.
- One (1) Aluminium Riser (73mm/2.875" height)
- One (1) Delta Zero ZPS Base Plate, preinstalled (36mm/1.437" height)
- One (1) Delta Zero Pull Stud
- Two (2) Delta Zero Dowel Pins (12 x 19mm/0.4993 x 0.75")
- Riser Construction: aluminium + anodised. Flat and parallel to < 0.0005"
- Delta Zero Construction: Hardened steel + black oxide, precision ground on two faces
Delta Zero Tightening Instructions
- Using a 1/4" Allen Wrench, preferably a T-handle, hand-tighten one actuating pin.
- Using a 1/4" Allen Wrench, preferably a T-handle, hand-tighten the other actuating pin.
- Torque the first actuating pin to 10-20 ft lbs.
Fixture/Vice Alignment Instructions
- If the dowel pins of the vice or fixture are perpendicular to the actuating pins, the system is self-aligning.
- If the dowel pins of the vice or fixture are inline with the actuation pins, simply push the vice or fixture to one side before tightening. For right-handed people, use your left hand to push the fixture from left to right, and tighten the actuation pin with your right hand. For left-handed people, do the opposite.